01 March 2012

Yes I know it has been a while.


As most of you may have realised, I have been busy in the genealogical world, working on the history of my family.






It has been a wonderfully fulfilling experience that has taken me around the world chasing history. 


As you know, life stories make up most of my artist books hence the material I am working with now, will one day be revealed in new mixed media books.


If you link over to my genealogy blog Provenance you will read about a piece of art that I did for Jill Berry's book Personal Geographies


In the next week or so I will be featuring some more photos of my artwork and more of an explanation into the intricacies of the techniques applied in order to make the piece.




Ciao for now

15 comments:

Carol said...

Good to see you back, Judy. That's a fascinating photo of - a shoe book? I'm popping over to Provenance now to learn more.

Ro Bruhn said...

Welcome back, it's great to see you blogging again Judy.
I can only imagine what a great work of art your family history will become. The shoe looks amazing.

Aleta said...

shoe is absolutely stunning. as usual it tells your story in such a way that mere words could never do. I have yet to find a word that describes what your art means to me. maybe "heartwrenching". I am headed over to read more! thanks for sharing yourself.

Lynn said...

Shalom dear Judy. You know I love all that you do and this latest work is so so so exciting. I followed your family journey in Israel on facebook and loved seeing all the photos of your People! I was imagining them becoming ART in good time.

A bird in the hand said...

I'm just happy to see you back!
xoxo

Judy said...

Hi all, so nice to see some comments. Great to connect back with all my peeps! xo

stregata said...

I have missed reading about your work incredibly - so good to hear from you.

Cherie said...

Excellent to see you back Judy, missed you big time. xo.

Tiglizzyclone said...

We are glad to see you blogging. I have wondered what was happening!

Chrisy said...

Looks wonderful...as I expected...look forward to hearing more about the piece...

Pearl Maple said...

How cool and meaninful to tell the story in that way. My family are building on our own history project and always excited to see the new ways you find to document how your family developed.

Judy Wise said...

Hello dear Judy. I just found you again. So good to have your posts to look forward to. xo

Jo Archer said...

Welcome back, we missed you.

Sharon Biggerstaff said...

Judi, it's so good to see you back and wonderful to hear what an exciting and rewarding journey you had researching your family's hisotry.

Judy said...

Wow, thought I was dead and buried. So so wonderful to hear from you all. Thank you for your lovely comments too - as you know I very much appreciate them. xo