23 March 2010

Back from the Creative Souls Retreat which was held in Melbourne last week


















Where I had the pleasure of teaching this wonderful group of ladies.
Bevlea Ross (The organiser) and Lucy were also in the class but ran off to attend administrative tasks when this photo was taken.



















I had a great time catching up with my friends Ro Bruhn and Susan Lenart Kasmer.
Ro Bruhn is a special friend and it was so nice spending my first day with her and popping my head into her class just to say hi.
Susan is a riot, full of life and great energy and it was wonderful to catch up once again but particularly doing it on Aussie soil.




















After a long day of teaching, we three, Susan, Laurie Mika and I decided to all look our best for this photo!!!

















Jen was there.
All of us who were teaching and selling their wares and even doing classes themselves were run off our feet.
It was hard to spend alot of quality time to relax and just catch up, something I would have liked to have done but it is really quite impossible when everyone is so busy.
I did get to spend a day learning about Susan's Ice Resin. It was amazing to see all the wonderful creations that her class had done in the 2 days prior.
Jan Harris was there and her classes looked wonderful.
Laurie Mika swept her students off their feet with the art they made.























And Miss ATC extraordinaire, Kelsey was there teaching and doing classes too.
It was a wonderful environment in the Dandenongs of Melbourne.



















Svetlana was in my class and was a pleasure to hang about with.

























And then there was Russel the wombat who greeted me every day on my bed.

Thanks to Bevlea Ross, Lucy and Eva for putting on such a wonderful retreat, it is very comforting to know that a retreat of such high standards can be found here in Australia. Congrats to you all for your hard work, it really paid off.
xx

18 comments:

ArtPropelled said...

Sounds fantastic!

Samantha Marshall said...

Wow- looks so fantastic!!!!Glad you had such a wonderful time.

Jen Crossley said...

It was a awesome retreat thats for sure it was good to see you there.Bevlea Lucy and Eva do an amazing job getting this up and running

Ro Bruhn said...

Great photos Judy. The retreat was fabulous I'm still recovering from the hectic pace that Susan keeps up. I really enjoyed catching up again. I'm checking out my Japanese books and fabrics, I'll have to go back there again. Hope to catch up again soon.

Deryn Mentock said...

I'll be teaching there, next year! Will I get to see you??

Louise said...

Thank You thank you Judy for a most fabulous creative experience!!!!!

Louise :)

PS I still owe you ?? how would you like me to cover it :)

Leslie Avon Miller said...

Sounds like lots of like-minded creative souls gathering in one place to experience the flow...and then Russel to boot! What could be better?

B.Held said...

Sounds like so much fun!

Seth said...

Looks like a great group of people and it sounds like a lot of fun... busy, but a lot of fun!

JP said...

looks like everybody had a brilliant time - shame you are too far for me to come!(UK)!

Little Brown Sparrow said...

I'm so glad you had a good time there- I was thinking about you and everyone on the day, creating art and having fun as I knew you would be. Next time, Gadget, I'll be there next time!

azirca said...

Sounds fabulous!
Russel is cute!

Studio Sylvia said...

It was a wonderful two days participating in your workshop Judy. It was also lovely to meet you in person beyond, the WWW. Thanks for a terrific experience.

Ruth Rae said...

it took me a week! but at long last I found the wombat! I LOVE HIM! when I come to visit you will there be one on my bed!?

Renee Troy said...

It certainly looks like you all had a fabulous week. I'm glad you enjoyed it and nothing out of the ordinary happened ;o)...
xxxooo
Renee

HeArt Collective said...

awwwwwwwww this post made my heart smile...i love seeing you all having such a good time making friends and art! good stuff as always, judy!

xoxo
jul

Eva said...

Thanks for teaching and sharing your talent/s at CSR 2010 Judy! It was a pleasure to meet 'the person' of whose work one greatly admires.

My one regret ... was ... not being able do your class. I heard nothing less than HIGH praise! Hopefully ... there will be another opportunity when I can just focus on being a student!

Eva (CSR Team Member)

Svetlana said...

Hello Judy,
I arrived 2 days ago from holydays and started unpacking slowly. The retreat was such a great success and can't wait for next year. For now I have to continue working on my “Just in Case” book. It’s been fun hanging around with you as well. Keep in touch. Hugs, Setlana