06 February 2010

I have been making some more books





















{Sold Thank You}
Which have now been loaded in my ETSY store





















I love making these





















But making them whilst jet-lagged has not been easy




















It is amazing how the stitching of them is so calming




















My mind just wanders





















If you read my last post















You will now know why I have decided to make more of these





















For when one looks back one day















After these journals are filled













With your handwriting or images




















They will presemt witha beautiful record of who you were or





















What you were thinking or feeling at the time




















Great care and attention to detail has been taken with these blank books.

It certainly takes alot longer than one thinks to make one.

But in time, your words and or drawings may become a gift to either friends or family.

Now thats a treasure worth having.

Hope you have a creative weekend.
xo

15 comments:

Chris said...

These are so pretty, Judy. I can see how they would be calming and enriching. I'm going to go check out your shop again.
chris m

annie lockhart said...

hey judy...i love these. just being able to hold these in the palm of your hand seems calming to me. beautiful.

Judy said...

Thanks ladies.
Annie: They are my daughters hands actually.
xo

stregata said...

They are so enchanting!!

Irene said...

These are beautiful, where on earth are you finding these tintypes? I too find it relaxing to bind books, it's a treat I give myself. You can tell you love your work.

Judy said...

The tintypes were in Victorian albums that I had purchased a long time ago and also bought when found in flea markets.
Thanks for the lovely comments.

neva gagliano said...

JEWELS!! are these.

as are your daughter's hands, your husband bebe calls at the latest find...your delicate details and homage to books and the past

Kathy Gillespie said...

These journals are so precious all the more so because I know how labor intensive bookmaking is. I just visited your etsy shop and found all kinds of treasures...what a great resource you are.

Samantha Marshall said...

They look fantastic- love the bindings.

Ro Bruhn said...

Beautiful work as ever Judy, so much attention to detail.

JoAnnA Pierotti said...

I adore my tintype book Judy from you. Instead of writing quotes I think I will use it for my workshops this year - a sign in.

Hey, do you have a dog tintype by chance? Or a girl and a dog? Let me know, k?

xo joanna

Seth said...

A wonderful series of books. And I couldn't agree more -- sewing the signatures is very calming and meditative.

Welcome to Yaya Chique! said...

Stunning sweetie! I am sure, as with everything you create, will be a huge hit! xo..deb

rivergardenstudio said...

Oh Judy, these little books you have made are beautiful treasures... roxanne

azirca said...

Delightful books. I love how your creations breathe new life into time worn treasures turning them into beautiful pieces that will be cherished for years to come.

Thanks for your comment on my blog too, I really appreciate you stopping by...and yes, you are correct, it did take me quite some time to put everything together, an enjoyable process though.