08 December 2009

Exciting times…










Registration opens on Monday, Dec. 7th at 9:00am for Valley Ridge workshops.


























That’s today!!!





I am honoured to be teaching two sessions in August and it will be the ONLY venue where I am teaching in the USA next year.


I have only heard amazing things about Kathy and Bill, our hosts.







It is there that I will be teaching “22” (more on that in a moment) and my “Book of Reliquaries”.






Hope you can join us at Valley Ridge.







And about “22”…







Now I know at the time I could only show you sneak peaks of this book but it will be published in LK Ludwig’s soon to be released book...































Oh the joy!

LK’s book is already listed on Amazon for pre-order. Judging by her past books, this one, I am sure will be a success.

And… Last but not least...


Whilst I was at Artfest a couple of years ago, I had the distinct pleasure of meeting and spending some time with the extraordinary, Lynne Perrella.


It was there that I hauled my massive “12 Tribes” book over and was delighted to have Lynne and others join me in a discussion and viewing of the book. Not long after, I received a request from Lynne to be a part of her new book,


“Art Making and Studio Spaces”






























Well, it is out already.



Amazon has only a few copies left already. I am in wonderful company with so many of my artist friends in the USA, being a part of this book too. What an unbelievable honour for me to be asked to participate in one of Lynne’s books. So if you have not already pre-ordered it, there’s a link on the left hand column of this blog.








Thank you Lynne, I am so humbled by this honour. It’s so wonderful to be an Aussie Book Artist amongst such talented USA artists.

What a privilege.


xo

19 comments:

Redness said...

Mazeltov ... Ohhhh so much going on that you so deserve! Mmmmm Valley Ridge looks fabulous if plan A doesn't come to fruition! Enjoy every marvellous moment. xo

Kim said...

Wow so much to celebrate here. Congrats on the inclusion in both of the books Judy. I'm sure anything from those two girls will practically run off the shelves! I bet your excited to teach at Valley Ridge. It looks fabulous! Would have loved to get to Creative Soul Retreat next year for your class but it didn't work out with commitments here,arrgh! One day!

Lynn said...

It's always exciting to see your books come to life...congrats on the other books you are published in...and I have no doubt your workshops will fill quickly. People wait for you to appear!

Seth said...

Congrats on your well deserved successes! Having already taken a class from you, I know how inspiring the experience is. And I look forward to seeing your work in LK's book and CANNOT WAIT to see pics of your studio in Lynne's book. Much to be excited about!!!

neena said...

i'm taking your class at valley ridge and am so excited.
can't wait to see those books too!

Judy said...

Hey Neena, thats so cool! Was only thinking about you yesterday, in fact. xo

Ro Bruhn said...

Congratulations Judy on all accounts, teaching and books. I've just ordered Lynne's book from Amazon.

Lille Diane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lille Diane said...

Somewhere over the rainbow...
Skies are blue....
And the dreams that you dare to dream
Really DO come true....
I hope you hum this happy song all day long. All week long. All year long. You've lots to celebrate.
Congratulations. Judy~

Deryn Mentock said...

Congratulations! Great things are happening for you and I'm glad. Your gigantic book looks incredible. I have an obsession for reliquaries!

Leslie said...

You go girl! I am not at all surprised by your successes. I'm sure there are many more to come. I have Lynne's new book and love it! Love seeing your amazing studio, and I'm also delighted to know that my work will be sitting along side yours in LK's new book.

xo

neva gagliano said...

wow!! i'm glad you stopped by and appreciated my post of blog/art/friends... because i haven't been to red velvet in a while, and it's a great way to start the day/week reading your last few postings. first congratulations on all! and sharing the info, and your burnt offerings, so perfectly presented in black and white w/the red and black. hmmmmmmmm. i've never SEEN books altered like some of the ones you've posted, books in books, amazing. thanks judy.

ArtPropelled said...

I can't wait to see your studio. My copy of Studio Spaces arrives by the end of next week. Love that first photo of the chunky book of treasures.

Jen Crossley said...

COngratulations Judy this is well deserved
Jen

Lisa Cook said...

I am so excited that I will be taking your Th-Sat class next Aug at Valley
Ridge! Linda W and I signed up right away. It will be our art weekend together that we try to do together once a year. It will be wonderful to meet you in person and soak in all your creative ideas and spirit.

Jacky said...

congratulations on all counts Judy what a journey it has been.

Judy said...

Thanks all.
Lisa: I look forward to meeting you guys.
Jacky: lets hope it continues - lol.

rivergardenstudio said...

Oh.... the sideview of your book is incredible... as well as everything that is happening for you... your energy seems as if it is overflowing! Roxanne

jenny said...

These are the most proper classes I have seen this year. Thank you.


r4i