28 August 2009

Before the final day of class in LA

We hit the flea markets which were great, not enough time

But enough to discover some great finds



And then after everything was quiet and everybody had left, I packed my bags and was ready for stage two




Off to teach in Philli


Loving the cool mornings in Philli



Going for morning walks waiting for my host Karen to wake



Karen is always such a gracious host and so to her hubby Bob who always cooks up a feast.


Thanks Karen for always opening your house to my with kindness, generosity and love, you guys have become like family to me and I appreciate everything you do, xox


It is great to enjoy the company of good friends and fellow artists

Leslie showing Karen our paper discoveries in LA


And loving Leslie’s amazing studio


Leslie my good friend came to both the LA and the Philli workshops.


We too have become great friends and thanks for your amazing tribute which I loved...

She too was a gracious host and I also want to thank you for being so kind to me.

It is difficult when travelling, to get around but Leslie and Karen always make it easy for me.



It was great to finally meet Atticus and the hilarious Jack who by the way

Makes the greatest coffee stateside – I mean it, it was amazing

Seeing and enjoying the company of good friends



Karen Cole, Michelle Ward, Leslie Marsh and Judi Riesch


I love how we always get together when I am in town and am so grateful for the effort they make to join me for some catching up time



Michelle, who I adore, travelled from afar and showed us her wonderful journal she received. Judi is a gem and is such an inspiration to me and my art. Her taste is impeccable.



Off to buys some huge old Bibles



Leave one for my hosts Karen and Bob. Could not leave without giving one to Bob who fell in love with the Goblet one...



And meeting with Mr Baldwin, the bookshop owner who I think is Ralph Lauren in disguise.

Time to teach at Bee Shay's amazing studio:



xo

24 comments:

Judith said...

I LOVE the Tribute! That Leslie is a clever girl. What a trip you have had this time around...in, ahem, many ways...

ArtPropelled said...

I get the feeling that fun follows you where ever you go Judy. What I would give to be there!

Lynn said...

Im glad you were so warmly welcomed here (there)... ;-)
Lucky those who can sit at your feet and learn.

Chrisy said...

Thanks for sharing these wonderful experiences with us...I can feel the love and caring of all these people for you...
ps that studio...those books...heaven!

Judy Wise said...

Thank you for the peeks inside your trip and friendships, Judy. Can't wait to hear about the next chapter at Bee's. xo

Karen Cole said...

Blush, blush. I'll miss you. Dam, do my mailboxes look good. Lovin all of those books you left for me. :-)

How the heck did you post tomorrow, when it's today and you are here and not there and.......well you know me, always confused.

I DESPERATELY NEED TO GO ON A DIET!!

Karen Cole said...

Oh yeah, Bob doesn't feel bad about his coffee. :-P

Seth said...

It is a funny thing Judy. Even though I know how a lot of this unfolds, I still found myself reading (and looking at your wonderful photos) with rapt attention. You are a champion story teller.

Stacey said...

love the coffee photo and the picture of you and Leslie
is fantastic, beautiful!

Poetic Artist said...

What a wonderful post of Friends, and Art.. What more could you ask for except to be included.
Katelen

Jen Crossley said...

Looks like your having an amazing time, dont forget to come home to Oz though.
Your book finds have me drewelling
Jen

Kim said...

Looks like you're having the best time, lucky you. Love the books you find, they're just gorgeous. All that preloved aged paper has me drooling too. I'm with Captain Underpants, LOL! Don't forget to come home!

Ro Bruhn said...

Treasures seem to find you wherever you go Judy, those books are amazing. You certainly know how to track them down. Say Hi to Karen for me if you see her again, I might get to meet her one day.

Leslie said...

Awww, thanks Judy! It was so nice to see you on both coasts, learn more of your luscious techniques, and just spend good time with you.

Safe journeys home!

xo

neena said...

dear judy:


i loved the class with you and cannot wait to do another one. you are a wonderful teacher and bring so much joy and fun to the class. that is what i took home with me.

love and hugs from santa fe,
neena

Pearl Maple said...

Looks like a wonderful trip full of lots of amazing finds and adventures.

kecia said...

what wonderful pictures - such a great time and you can feel the friendship between you all!

Sam Marshall said...

Beautiful photos, Judy.

Judy said...

Such amazing friendships forged!

Beth said...

Judy, so great to see the wonderful start you had to your US classes...looking forward to more. So happy that you met such gracious people....the coffee sounds fab :) The bibles are gorgeous, what a find.
Take good care, Beth

Gilding the Lily said...

Hello! I want you to email your address for shipping in AU. I have something I found in the back room for you. It's red, it's velvet, and it's old. I am going to share some with you...I think it could be a beautiful spine on a book or something....

KarenHarveyCox said...

I just found your blog this morning, and it is gorgeous. Your photography is amazing, and what a lovely tribute.

Karen

Riki Schumacher said...

Oh I wish I was there when you taught in LA! Well, maybe next time? Sounds like your classes were fabulous. LOVE the books you found at the store. Wow. What an inspiration you are. Take care.

Sarah said...

Beautiful photos Judy and wonderfully delicous books too.