Only after I had bought it did I realise just how perfect this Danish bible would be for my current project.
I got 3 covers out of it which is all I really want these Bible for anyway……
When I pulled apart 2 of the covers here is what I found
I am always shocked by what actually goes into the making of these antique books
Hence I had to share with you and asked you to guess.
We have 3 winners!
Good on ya mates!
Looks like something spilled on cardboard-like a resin of some sort
Old dried and crackled adhesive on carboard
My guess is dried glue or some sort of acrylic or other similar medium that's dried up and cracked
Congratulations to all three!
Please email me your addresses so I can send your prize please.