10 June 2009

Found:
1 + 1 = Family?



Nothing really too amazing about this book








Some very nice Gustav Dore biblical illustrations within, which is why I picked it up and bought it







The other day, I realized this was in the inscription





Now, remember this commission, "Doll"





Knowing that "Doll" came from Muizenberg, I tagged the photo on Face-book and sent it to her daughter Karen.






I just thought it was odd to see a book from a town in South Africa, in Newtown of all places.



Karen rang me yesterday to say, thanks I will ask my mother about them and how the book got to Sydney in such a blasé fashion.
Asking her why she was so blasé about it, I explained my reasoning behind sending it to her.






Oh! she said:
I thought you knew,
The person inscribed is my mother’s cousin.


Well you could have knocked me down with a feather at that point.






I went into complete shock because I have a week or two packed filled with serendipitous happenings. Not only that at the exact time that I was uploading I got a request to become a friend of Chamara, Gypsy Purple, who I have not heard from probably in a year.
She is from South Africa and was able to confirm also that the spelling was incorrect in the typed format.
Look carefully and you can see where someone has inserted 2 "e's" to correct the spelling.
Wonders of Wonders
Serendipitous moments one of which is too personal to share here, just yet.

Mostly related to Face-book, of which I very hesitantly joined up.
Actually my son did that for me.

However I am loving it over there.

I was wondering where all the bloggers have gone too – well everyone seems to be over there.


I am having a ball – constantly updating and connecting with people.



Come and join – you will love it.



And if its not Face-book, it's ichat.



What a brilliant invention – Did a 3 way chat recently with Kristen and Michael which was really fun.



Loving how all this technology is bringing us all that little bit closer to one another.
So now Doll is my friend on Facebook and is updating me, on my wall, on where in the world her cousin is.
Come over to see the updates.

xo

25 comments:

Seth said...

Incredible story. For me, serendipitous and synchronistic events mean that I am open to all possibilities and living life to its fullest. Wonderful for you that you have had a week full of these special moments.

Judy said...

It has been wonderful, action packed full of drama but it is what keeps us going. Thanks Seth.

Vicki's Bit-o-earth said...

Great Post! What an amazing story! Wow... I would've been floored too. I love that very fat book too! Wish I could be so creative.

Jen Crossley said...

wow you never cease to amaze me with your stories .
I love the three way !!
Jen

Gypsy Purple said...

This is sooooo fantastic and amazing...the more I thought of this the more it just confirmed what I lately experienced about thoughts, people, opportunities etc all being connected...I am SOOO excited and will follow this closely...please shout if I can do anything from this side....you are always such an inspiration

Lynn said...

So it turns out you KNEW the woman (made a book for her) who was a girl who won the prize which was the bible book of stories you came across...and then you all gathered on FaceBook?
I think I may be lost in all of this but it sounds great nonetheless. LOL 1957 Wow...

Judy said...

Wrong!
The woman who is inscribed in the book is a cousin of the lady I did a commissioned work for.

Chrisy said...

This is twilight zone isn't it...but in a good way...

Judy said...

Absolutely

La Dolce Vita said...

You are really in the flow and obviously following divine inspiration! what an amazing and beautiful story and beautiful art! Thank you!

KathrynAntyr said...

I love those moments of serendipity and synchronicity! I've been playing with this theme on my blog, http://www.truenortharts.com.

Like you I was reluctant to get on FaceBook and Twitter but I'm discovering so many soul sisters!

{soul hugs}
Kathryn, Collage Diva

Sue McGettigan said...

How very wonderful! The book is great, and don't you think those things just call out to you, well, I know you do. I'm a firm believer in serendipity, in the karma of collecting.

Judith. ..de Santa Fe said...

Always wondrous surprises here in Judy's World!
(and I thought I just came for
the Art... .)

Judith

Julie Prichard said...

Facebook is the center of the universe... and ichat is slowing gaining ground. I'm in =)

Kim said...

Isn't it funny how these things pop into our lives in such a circular fashion. Where do you find the time to fit it all in?

rivergardenstudio said...

Your story is amazing... thanks so much for sharing it! Roxanne

Judy said...

No problem at all

Leslie said...

Things like this seem to happen to you often, my friend. I love it!

Love too how technology pulls us all together!

xo

gina armfield said...

girl you are in the ZONE!

Susie Jefferson said...

You have been given a Kreative Blogger award :-)

Put that in your My Picture folder literally) by picking up the award at my place! Congratulations!

Lissy said...

Always a fascinating read when I pop into your blog :)

the paris apartment said...

Wild! Everything is interconnected.
I just added you to my blogroll, stop by if you get a chance!

Pearl Maple said...

Serendipitous happenings are often a theme of your work that makes them all the more interesting.

Studio Sylvia said...

Judy.
I enjoyed reading your explanation of why you sign in the spine. Fascinating.
I have to tell you I loved the vintage pins I purchased from your Etsy store. I made a beautiful piece of journal jewellery to decorate a book spine.
Sylvia Ballerini

Kim Logan said...

What a lovely story Judy,I don't think anything in life is serendipity..its meant to be..!!!
Still looking for a Mac webcam....my Macs don't have the inbuilt camera..!!