30 January 2009

"Because Nothing was, therefore All Things are"

Eureka - A Prose Poem





By: Edgar Allan Poe




PREFACE












PREFACE
To the few who love me and whom I love -- to those who feel rather than to those who think -- to the dreamers and those who put faith in dreams as in the only realities -- I offer this Book of Truths, not in its character of Truth-Teller, but for the Beauty that abounds in its Truth; constituting it true.










To these I present the composition as an Art-Product alone:- let us say as a Romance; or, if I be not urging too lofty a claim, as a Poem.






What I here propound is true:- * therefore it cannot die:- or if by any means it be now trodden down so that it die, it will "rise again to the Life Everlasting."
Nevertheless it is as a Poem only that I wish this work to be judged after I am dead.
E. A. P.










Hey Seth, I’m in this one


Couldn’t resist participating in this fascinating project




Since you started in winter, I am starting in summer



Seth, you are truly an inspiration


xo

18 comments:

femminismo said...

Judy, thanks for visiting and commenting. Your bound papers - and the words in your post - are terrific. Are the words part of the poem? Or mostly your own? Anyway, it is great. Good grief, I just remembered the public knitting project which is due very soon. But I would love to do some public art in our local town. I was in Portland in September and saw the little horses. There is a picture somewhere on my blog, too, with one of the tiny ponies. Cheers. Enjoy your warm weather. It's 29 F here this morning in Oregon. - jeanne

Jen Crossley said...

Really beautiful Judy
Jen

Julie H said...

Beautiful Judy.

...and after my experiences burying fabric and having the worms eat it, I will watch from the sidelines, eagerly wanting to see the end of this poem.

Kim said...

Language used to provoke thought and images, lovely. I wonder how the disintegration will vary between the various participants. Its a wonder things aren't just melting away for you at present! Thinking cooler thoughts for you all...

paris parfait said...

What a wonderful project and lovely poem!

Robin said...

Hi Judy! Hope you don't mind but I think your blog is fantastic and have featured your blog on my new blog Blog Your Art Out

Karen Cole said...

Hmmmmmm......can't wait to see what becomes of all of this. I'm trying to decide if I should put something out there as well. So many possibilities.

Leslie said...

I LOVE this. I'm going to have to join this one too.

Thinking about the elements to put outside . . .

Seth said...

Fantastic that you have joined in Judy. Love the threads on your book pages. Can't wait to see the effect of that "other" weather. And thanks for your sweet thoughts. Right back at you!!

Megan P said...

How intersting. look forward to seeing what happens next.

Shelly said...

Can't wait to see where this one is going. Perfect pairing of the poem with images.
:-)
Shelly

identityseven said...

hey there judy :)

tag - you're it!

Sarah said...

Your mind is very interesting Judy, and I love how you play with words and your art.. Cant wait to see more,,

Corrine said...

Great Fun, I'm joining this project too. I can't wait to see the results

rivergardenstudio said...

I love your words and your disintegration project with all the wrappings... and Seth is an inspiration! Have a great weekend... Roxanne

jaihn said...

Thank you for this!
I saw it yesterday, woke up thinking of it all today, and have bundled my bundle and posted now.
Thank you for all your inspiration.
xxx

Lost Aussie said...

It's going to be so interesting seeing what all these bundles everyone is putting together look like when they have been 'cooked' by the elements!

rachel whetzel said...

Oooooh!! I love all that STRING!! Very pretty. Can't wait to see it in May!