05 January 2008

With heartfelt thanks!



Your responses to my article in CPS and teaching at Art and Soul have left me overwhelmed and filled with happiness. I really really mean that!


Thank you all so much – it means so much to me – more than I can express in words.


For those of you who have read my blog for some time you will know that at times I did express my angst at putting up such heavily emotional posts related to the Holocaust and "Numbers" etc and the history behind the piece/s.




However, my commissioned artwork is about documenting people's lives.
The good and the bad in peoples lives.
That is what life is about.





So I take my hat off to Cloth Paper Scissors for publishing an article that deals with such a delicate topic.
Their sensitivity to the subject matter was handled with astounding grace.
For that, and especially to Cate Prato, I am eternally grateful.




With that said, soon I will explain, in more detail, some of the pages in the books and will show you some of the elements of the outer box and pages that were not in CPS.


Now...

I am currently working on what I deem to be an interesting series.




Suffice to say that synchronicity is playing its hand yet again.
Only this time I have a witness on this plane to those happenings.
Michael is here watching the said “coincidences” occur with this new piece – and that is exciting and an affirmation that they are really not coincidences but incidences of fate.
When they occur, I know I am on the right path.





When I picked up this book months ago, I purchased it for the cover, thinking I may use it for a workshop I am attending later this year.
I think it is so beautiful.





I did not even bother looking inside it.
But as fate would have it I kept being drawn to it for this series.
For the title and colouring matched the essence of the page/piece I was doing.
Here I was thinking it was a novel of some sort.

I needed some vintage text behind this particular piece so I randomly opened the book in the middle somewhere. See page 265.




All I can really say here and now is that different semi-precious stones are vital to each element in this art piece.
I could not believe my eyes when the text of the book page was not only about the subject of my art piece but specifically spoke of the stone I was using in the page.
Shaking my head in disbelief – I called out to Michael who was working in the next room – now studio – it was exciting, indeed!





More than that I cannot say yet, but, I am about half way through the piece and as soon as I am finished I will upload it here.

Hope you are all having a nice weekend.
xo

33 comments:

paris parfait said...

I love the serendipity of how your piece is coming together! It's wonderful when things just "fall into place" to create something beautiful and meaningful. Can't wait to see the finished work! xo

Sharon said...

Oh Judy, I just love your tease about showing this project and also about showing more of your photos of the piece that was in CPS. The serendipity excites the piece, as it should, because it excites you. It happens because you believe.

jenw said...

I've experienced this "coincidence of fate" when working on particular pieces. I think we send out auras/vibes into the atmosphere that are answered and return to us. Then again I see ghosts. So what do I know?!

Cindy Dean said...

looking forward to seeing more.

Jen Crossley said...

Judy Fate seems to follow you around,it is meant to be .
Cant wait to see your new project,Im sure it will be stunning as always and with great care and detail.
Jen

Ro Bruhn said...

Another tease, can't wait to see the finished piece. I have a feeling that the so called 90% of the brain that we don't use is working harder than we think. I think it works in the background scanning everything around us and leads us to the right piece at the right time. Alien theory or just an engineering background that has to have an explanation for everything?
Ro
xo

Suzanne said...

Hi Judy - found your blog 2 or 3 hours ago and have been so moved by Numbers. I've read every word and examined every picture and just wanted to say thank you for sharing such beautiful work and the story of Sam and Esther. I am completely enthralled.

Suzanne in Seattle

Debby said...

A new year and a new project. Can hardly wait for more. Happy New Year to you and your family Judy.

Debby

Karen Cole said...

Yup,

I'm looking forward to seeing your new work as well. Gorgeous, inspiring cover to start with.

Julie H said...

Oh Judy you do like to tease us, so nice to hear that you are able to share your creative times.

Judy Scott said...

Happy New Year Judy, I just wanted to let you know that I have awarded you with a You Make My Day Award. I love your blog and its always so inspiring and you are such an amazing artist. Love Judy xx

daydreamstudios said...

Wow! This book looks fabulous. It lookes "jammed packed" with rich colors and textures. Can not wait to see more!
Karla

eb said...

synchronicity - yes - in sync with a special path - so wonderful...

xox - eb.

VintageCate said...

Hi Judy,
Thanks for the shout-out. When two women who are passionate about their work get together, great things happen.
Cate

tumblewords said...

This is my first visit here. I came from Q's Corner and am fascinated by what I've seen and read here...Amazing how words and images show up at the right time! I'm going to your Etsy shop next. And I'll be back...

Corey Moortgat said...

Hi Judy, I was just looking back through some email and reread your comment on my blog asking for my email-sorry I never responded! It's appendageassemblage at hotmail dot com.

I don't have a subscription to CPS anymore, but next time I'm at the bookstore, I'm going to have to take a look at this issue!!

R2artstudio said...

I'm so glad you will be sharing the rest of the books with us. I was hoping you'd show us more of that wonderful project. And the new one looks so interesting. Can't wait to see what the new year brings for you.

Laurie said...

Hi Judy,
Just wanted to congratulate you for a great article in CPS, it was so well done and really showed off your beautiful work. It was nice to see your work in more detail. Just incredible. And congrats on Art and Soul! Hope to catch up with you in 2008! All the best,
Laurie M.

Redness said...

CPS has presented you splendiferously, now waiting eagerly for more genius from you Judy. You are an amazing talent, Thank YOU!

Mim said...

Hi Judy - I am a stong believer in "co-incidences" and also believe in listening to messages sent.
Thanks for your visit- you'll have to let me know more about that age old Jewish tradition re; sleep and waking in the night - I'm intrigued....

rochambeau said...

Love it! Serendipity is showing you that you are exactly where you are supposed to be!! What fun it will be to see what you will create! Congratulations on your article in Cloth, Paper and Scissors!! I'm so happy for you and to know you!

xox
Constance

Karen Owen said...

Judy, I think angels watch over you! All these amazing things just cannot be happenstance. By the way, I just saw that you will teach at A&S in Portland. I'm planning on attending! I'm so excited that I'll get to meet you finally!

Deb said...

OK - am off *right now* to get the issue of CPS!! The book cover is wonderful... fate, serendipity, luck, whatever... the universe is speaking to you! xox

jean benabou said...

Beautiful work...I really feel an affinity to your subject matter....

Anonymous said...

All those coincidencies are just reminding you that this is the right path. So happy about the article. This is great.

sue said...

The first 2 photos in this post are so tactile & intriquing, I'd give anything to be able to reach out & touch them! Can't wait to hear more of this unfolding story of yours.

Q said...

Dear Judy,
Happy New Year!
It appears as if you are having a wonderful time creating and listening with your "inner" ear and seeing with your heart. Your art is full of love.
Namasta,
Sherry

Emmcee .... Marie C said...

Hi Judy - congrats on your CPS article - it's so great to see an Aussie achieving internat success - I'msure this si just the beginning too -wishing you a new year full of art, creativity and love!

Forever Young said...

you are a speciaL PERSON I CAN JUST FEEL IT,haven't read much of your blog, but will catch up on it quite soon.

Kristen Robinson said...

I cannot wait to see the new pieces they no doubt will be amazing, inspiring, soulful and moving.
XOX
Kristen

Becky Vigor said...

It's good to find someone whose art doesn't shy away from difficult issues. I don't have my CPS yet, being in the UK, but am looking forward to seeing your article.

~Izabella said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
~Izabella said...

I don't believe in coincidences..things do happen for a reason... life is a magical journey if we have our eyes wide open~

you are my muse, dear friend~ oohh how I would love to sit & watch you create your amazing pieces, you have much patience... to put yourself into every piece & suffer while creating these pieces is beyond words~ (suffering in an inspiring/reawakening way) hard to put into words~

xo ~Bella