29 October 2007

WOW!

THANKYOU!

My little angel daughter was on holidays recently when she brought me home this amazing heart rock. She spent so much time scouring the beaches and areas of Byron Bay and was so so proud when she presented to me.

She wanted me to put a photo up on my blog – so here it is.

I thought what better an image to put up to express my humblest thanks and gratitude for all your heart-warming comments on my last post.

I could not believe how many of you took the time to comment and comment so nicely.

I really am very humbled by it.

I cannot tell you how appreciative I am.

Hugs to y’all!


ETSY

It’s finally open.
Red Velvet Elements is up and running.
Gosh it is so time consuming to get it going.

I just have to explain that I have spent an inordinate amount of time running backwards and forwards to the post office trying to work out the best way to work out the shipping issues.

IT IS A NIGHTMARE!

I want to be fair on the shipping and handling but its very tricky as there are so many items with differing weights and sizes.

I was on the brink of not doing the ETSY shop because of this BUT I decided, that at least for the first few weeks to not list any shipping prices.

You will see a statement that explains this on every item.

When and if you want to order you can checkout BUT you will need to contact me to get your final shipping price. It apparently says “shipping included” but it is NOT.

I am trying to get this right but you will have to give me some time as the shipping options on ETSY are confusing especially for overseas purchases.

You won’t be charged for multiple items – the shipping and handling costs is what it costs me to post to you.
Whilst it may be that one extra step for you, it will save you money in the end and that is what I am trying to achieve.

I am really just trying to provide a service especially as many of the items I have are not readily available in Australia.

So I am giving it a go.
THE 'SOMETHING TO SMILE ABOUT' AWARD:
The ever so supportive and lovely Sue Pieper bestowed this award and honour on me.
Thank you so much for thinking of me - I really appreciate it.
You certainly made me smile by awarding me this.
Now I am supposed to hand out 10 awards but I will need to do that in the mext post as there is too much going on here to decide that yet.
In the meantime, as far as I am concerned you all get the award for your amazing support of my blog and my artwork.
Ciao for now!

19 comments:

Ro Bruhn said...

Glad you managed to sort Etsy out Judy, I'll take a visit later today, have to go to work now, what a bummer.
Ro
xo

Steph said...

Your daughter has a great eye, the stone is beautiful!
Congratulations for your etsy store !

azirca said...

The shipping sounds like a nightmare, you must be a bit frazzled by now with all those trips to the post office.
I wish you all the best with your etsy store, I'm sure that it will be a huge success.
I'm off to have a look now.
xo

Karen Cole said...

Hey... I see you are still a busy girl.Did you get to rest at all?....... Wow ,your Etsy site is great! The layout is very easy to follow and your photos are fabulous.

Hope all else is well down under.

xxoo

Elaine Kerr said...

Does your post office person get all excited when she sees you coming with lots of 'business'? Mine was very patient as I explained why I didn't want to mail my 'sample' packages. Now I have little bubble envelopes on my studio floor with post-its saying "Canada: $1.10, US $1.86; other: $3.60.

paris parfait said...

The heart-shaped rock is lovely - and how special that your daughter found it for you. Congrats on your much-deserved recognition and on opening your etsy store! I've been and I've shopped! :)

nina said...

awwwwww.....what a sweetie! and such a great heart rock, you know how i am a sucker for those - that is one for you to keep forever!
judy, i'm just so very proud of you - for all things in your life. sending love - xxxx

Leslie said...

Hooray! What a nice surprise this morning to see your Etsy shop open for business. I was right there waiting, and such lovely things you have there. I'm taking a few of them home!

I love your heart rock. It really is a good one.

Congratulations on your new store and best of luck with it. I am sure you'll get the shipping figured out, but I think it's fine to determine the shipping costs later too. Lots of folks do it that way on eBay.

kris said...

Hi Judy-
I couldn't find red velvet elements in etsy. :>(
I just used etsy.com??

kris said...

Well, duh,I was doing the wrong thing in the search. Found it!

megan said...

What a beautiful stone. great to hear the etsy is up and running, and a belated congrats on the wonderful article on your "numbers" artwork - fantastic.
Mx

Sharon Manning said...

I know this has been a dream of yours for a while now and to see it come to realisation is awesome!
Congratulations.
That girl of yours is such a sweetie - say Hi from me to all your family - I miss them!
xoxoxoxoxo

Cre8Tiva said...

beautiful rock..how special...can't wait to see your wares...blessings, rebecca

Gillian :O) said...

Oh Judy your shop looks WONDERFUL!
may you enjoy your shop as much as I do mine :) Gillx

Susan Tuttle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan Tuttle said...

Hi Judy!
What a special stone your daughter presented to you! I love the photograph of it nested in your hands.

Congratulations on your Etsy shop!! I am searching all over your blog for the link to it, but to no avail. Am I missing it? I can't wait to visit it.

Susan
xox

Coby said...

Hi Judy

Children are so precious and understand what is dear to the heart. What a beautiful gift your daughter gave to you.

I will be checking out your ETSY shop as soon as I have finished this comment and will be sure to add it to my favorite shops. I am a great fan of ETSY and escape there often to find beauty.

Much love Coby

rochambeau said...

The nicest gift in the world you received, now I'm off to see your new shop!

gallery artists said...

nice artticle..... you can Searchable PDF share pdf