16 October 2007

Good things come...

You know that feeling!

When is it going to happen.


Now,


In a minute,


Maybe the car will break down.


I am excited that I have to complete a few art pieces for a book before I can put my full attention to my Etsy Shop.
And sooo thrilled that so many of you are interested - thanks for your comments on the last post!

It is a first for me, being asked to contribute to a book and I am so honoured and excited! My pieces have to be submitted asap and with Ari about to launch into his major exams on Friday – well you know one has to prioritise.

But I have to say shipping issue is rather confusing – anyone with pearls of wisdom with Etsy shipping– please let me know what you do!!!

Everything from here goes by weight and or size and what makes it more confusing is that every 50km is a different price.


Anyway a couple more teasers – lol…
No, not the doll, antique sewing machine drawers.
And I do mean antique.
It annoys me when I see sellers saying vintage or antique and it is not true!

Mini tacks
Rusty junk packs


Glass marbles



Glass bottles



More hand rusted things







Thanks for being oh so patient.



I will let you know by email - when I open it.
But I thought I would also ask that if there is anything that you would like to see there, that you may have seen in one of my pieces – let me know too.


Ciao for now.
xo

13 comments:

Leslie said...

Yep, that is me -- one of those girls looking in the window, waiting for the store to open. I love those old photographs! So cute!

I'm afraid I'm no help with Etsy shipping; I've purchased lots there, but have never sold or shipped.

Congratulations on your pieces being published. You'll have to let us know the details! Frankly, I'm surprised you haven't been asked to contribute before!

I hope you don't mind that I am camped outside your door. . .

xo

paris parfait said...

Great news that you're participating in a book! I'll be with Leslie, nose pressed against the glass, waiting for your store to open! :)

Cre8Tiva said...

i am right there looking in that window...your shop sound slike it will be divine...i am working on one also...it is not easy to get it launched...so join me in ladies who launch...you offerings look wonderful...blessings, rebecca

lindaharre said...

Judy.....so glad to hear that you are opening an ETSY! I will be there with bells on:D I just love everything you create with and your wonderful patinas:D Can't wait!!!!

Karen Cole said...

oooooh....what, where, when and with whom?? I KNEW IT!!!

Ro Bruhn said...

I know what you're talking about Judy, working out the postage is the thing holding me back from starting my Etsy store.
Congratulations on the book, so looking forward to seeing what it's all about.
Hanging out for your store to open too. The first day will be like the boxing day sales, lots of pushing and shoving, you'll probably run out of stock.
Ro
xo

PAT said...

I came here from Linda Harre's Studio Stuff.

You are amazing!

I've been reading Numbers, with tears in my eyes. What a beautiful and very special work of art.

Pat

artgirly said...

please email me when your etsy store is open.....so exciting!-
nicole

thealteredpage said...

Looking forward to your Etsy store. Love the hand rusted objects. I think I will need to grab some of those. And congratulations regarding being part of the book! Seth

teresa said...

i just love your work & your found treasures. i especially love the photograph of the children standing in front of the window. can this photo be purchased? i would love to have a copy.

Jamie said...

Congratulations on being published! I know you are destined for great things:)

About your store...I can't wait! I can't wait! You will love ESTY! Everyone there is so nice. I think I might need to send you a strong pair of gloves to protect those hands! LOL!! Love, Jamie

Kristen Robinson said...

I so love the tacks Judy...cannot wait to see the lovelies you create for the book!

XOX
Kristen

Janine said...

Judy... cannot wait for the shop to open.... xo