10 October 2007

BUSTED!

Busted but fixed...

As the title says… busted.


My computer crashed last week.


Clearly it needed a rest from blogging.


Anyway after 5 days of frustration, I needed the screen replaced. But now I am back.


Thanks to all of you that made your remarkable comments on ‘Numbers’.
It certainly was an amazing journey.


So whilst my kids have been on school holidays I have been busy creating textures.

Like this





And this



And this



ETSY... AT RED VELVET:



I am also about to launch my Etsy site so I have been hectic trying to organise all of that.




There will be lots of rusty stuff,




Unusual elements like these taps from tap shoes that I have spent time pre-rusting so I take all the hard work away from you and you get to play.



Vintage stuff:




Like Pianola rolls:




I chose some really nice ones and made sure they had text on them - makes them just that little bit more interesting.



Stuff that is not easy to find,
well at least down here.
like these massive vintage brass stampings;


Like these vintage slide mounts...




I love these as they have 2 pieces of glass that slide right into the 2x2 mount, they are the real deal.


And there will be, exclusively to my Etsy site, the rusted elements I had made up – so if they go well then I will make more designs.


Wings



These gargoyle end pieces




Yummy rusted scrolls




Lots of paper stacks



I have lots of vintage stampings and cool and rare findings for you jewellers out there but as you know I love using these sorts of elements in my Visual Anthologies.




Plus I have found some really weird very vintage attachment elements too -
so look out - it will be opening next week probably.



I have two projects I need to complete in the next few days – so I will be busy with that too.



Hope you are all well.

27 comments:

Jen Crossley said...

Well Judy you have been busy!!! LOve how you have been creating your texture's they look amazing.
I think I might be your best customer on etsy !!!
Cant wait
Jen

Lissy said...

I have no idea what I would do with such stuff but I love looking at them :) I am sure they will walk out the door :)

fromthepines said...

Judy,

Well, your comments might be a little slower now since you are all done! I will add something now. I'm sure you are so relieved and happy and satisfied and .... everything! right? What a job and what an accomplishment. You should be very proud.

I think you will do awesome on etsy. How can you part with some of these? lol! I too have lots of metal vintage and I get selfish and want to use it for me! Let us know when it is up and we can see!

Cheryl

katie said...

hey mz judy,
it was so much fun to spend some time visiting with your sweetie while at art and soul - i told him to give you a hug hello from me! i was so excited to hear you'll be attending Artfest this year - i can't wait to meet you in person!

lots of goodies in your new etsy shop, and those textures you're doing...oh my, they are drool worthy!

take care my aussie friend,
xo katie

Leslie said...

I love those textures! They are so rich. And I'm going to need to be rich when you open your shop; I'll be waiting at the door!

Oh boy!

artfulzebra said...

Ooh, bring it on - the Etsy shop that is! :oD I have an obsessive attraction to rusty bits of metal!

Maz

Ro Bruhn said...

Great news Judy, can't wait for you to open the store doors, I'm sure there'll be a mad crush. I love what you're going to offer us, count me in as a customer.
I'll check in each day to make sure I don't miss the grand opening.
Ro
xo

azirca said...

those textures are fabulous!
I'm sure that your etsy store will be like a little treasure trove of rusty arty goodness.

Studio Panorama said...

You are such a tease. You couldn't have waited until your store was actually open? Crumb. Note to self: this is how to create blog stalkers.
Bev
ps: your textures are wonderful.

sue said...

Those textures are incredible! Anxiously waiting for your Etsy shop to open, looks like a place I'll like to shop at!

Megan said...

Oh Judy your Etsy store is going to GO OFF!!! All the very best with it - I am sure it will be a huge hit.

Megan xx

Teresa said...

How exciting! I think your etsy store is one that I will visit often - you'll have to start a Flybuys program!!

Emmcee .... Marie C said...

drool drool drool drool - can't wait!

Gypsy Purple said...

Missed you....glad to be back and can`t wait to catch up with all the posts and lovely stuff

Gypsy

Karen Owen said...

I wondered why you had been so quiet! Glad you're back online. I am looking forward to the opening of your Etsy store. You have incredible stuff!

Karen

jo said...

All your bits look amazing, best of luck with your etsy store. I know I will be a frequent visitor!!
My home computer crashed this morning, so I can sympathise. Luckily I have a techie friend!!
Keep well,
Love Jo

Q said...

Dear Judy,
I will visit your Etsy Shop. How exciting for you!
I am gathering things to send to you. Old metal pieces of this and thats from my grandparents and parents houses. Things from when I was an antique dealer. My art is different from yours but I love what you do!
Glad you are up and running again.
Sherry

Lisa Cook said...

First of all the textures are way cool. I want to touch them. : )
We are all looking forward to your Etsy shop! Lots of lovely rusties and some unusual vintage treats. It must feel good to have a bit of a mental break from your incredible Numbers project. You made a big noise across the blog world with it and there is nothin' better than sharing in the excitement.
Best wishes!
Lisa

Cindy Dean said...

I am so loving your rusty bits! Don't know what I would do with them yet but I must have some! LOL

vivian said...

wow girl... you are a legend.

count me as a customer!

paris parfait said...

Such beautiful things -those textures are incredible. And I can't wait for your etsy shop to open!

shirleymcc said...

You have such an incredible eye for details - I know your shop will be a huge success.
fond regards,
shirley

suze said...

Love your textures! I can't wait for the ETSY shop to open!
Best of luck to you.
Suze

Gisele said...

Love the textures Judy & looking forward to the opening of your Etsy shop, love the items you've been tempting us with! Hope you mail to the uk :)

Karen Cole said...

I am looking at all of these beautiful things before I am about to go to bed.

I am sure to have beautiful dreams thinking about what I can make with this incredible inventory you have.

Night Owl Designs said...

Hi Judy, Great news about your Etsy shop. Will look forward to the grand opening :-) Hope you don't mind but I've tagged you, lol. See my blog for details! Sephi

Anonymous said...

This is great news Judy! I love all your rusty bits and can hardly wait for the shop to open.
Debby