07 April 2007

Eta

Below is a photo of a lady called Eta. Her photo was one of many that I used in my last Visual Anthology. I love the photo so much. After having done an almost all paper album, I felt the need to do a fabric piece and decided to use the photo. I like the fact that it has sticky tape on it – not very acid free mind you - but it keeps the vintage feel of it. It’s not a complicated piece by any means but just decided to have a play.
Thanks for looking.



"The Secret of Rusty Things"
Michael received his copy of his, soon to be released, book yesterday. It is so exciting for him and I am very excited for him to. It's an amazing achievement. I am so very proud of him. Quite apart from being a talented artist, he is a wonderful orator and writer. His wealth of knowledge in so many areas never ceases to amaze me. Congratulations bebe!!!

More Illustrations

These are for Marie and Kristen and for anyone else interested. Email me if you want a high res copy sent and I would be only too happy to do it for you.



By the way you must check out Kristen's amazing "altered ancestor and her story" about Amelia Marguerite Leopold- Thorpe. An amazing read - Kristen you blew me away with your talent - and to top it off, the artwork is gorgeous.

Congrats to Marie for getting a spot on the Aussie Dares site. I love Maries art and glad to see Australia is waking up to her amazing talent. Check out her art book and see how it's progessing - if page 1 is anything to go by - I am sure it will be amazing. (Sorry, no pressure Marie)
Go check them out now! Well, finish the post first please.


Hope you are all having a lovely Easter.

15 comments:

Ro Bruhn said...

Hi Judy
Happy Easter.
Love the fabric piece, it must be a change from your everyday work.
I agree, Marie's work is great too, I wait for each new piece to appear.
Ro
xo

Karen Cole said...

Beautiful and soft. Is it sewn on a regular sewing machine?

....and a happy Passover,too.

Kristen Robinson said...

Judy this piece is so wonderful I love the lush layers of fabric and the photo of Eta is divine.

Marie's sight is a find thank you so much for sharing it with us.

These illustrations are just so incredible I would love to see this book in person as I am in awe.

Thank you for your kind words it means a lot to receive such lovely feedback.

XO
Kristen

Gypsy Purple said...

Wishing you and your family a happy and blessed Easter

Megan Pickwell said...

Lovely piece Judy. The fabric gives such a softness to the photo.
Thanks for sharing the images and well done to your man.
Meganxox

Julie H said...

What a beautiful dreamy piece and the tape adds such authenticity. Eanjoy your Easter!

Coby said...

Happy Easter Judy.

I love your fabric piece, it reminds me of an old quilt, a perfect match for the wonderful photo.

Congratulations to Michael on his new book!!

Love Coby

Marie C said...

Hi Judy - thanks so much for your blog visits and your kind comments! (and also for the fab pics you've uploaded) ... Love your fabric art - all those lush layers ... just gorgeous... hope to see some more!!! PS looking forward to M's book too - I just bought "the altered object" and it's def'ly one of my fave art books!

Lissy said...

Love the fabric piece :)

Hope you are having a great Easter break :)

Susan Tuttle said...

What a gorgeous fabric piece you made for Eta!--so many beautiful details!!!

I look forward to seeing Michael's book--I'm sure it is fabulous!

Warmly,
Susan

Izabella said...

Eta~ what a beautiful name~ love this piece!

xo ~Bella

Sharon Manning said...

Eta looks fantastic Judy, love it.
Congrats to Michael too on his book, I can't wait to see it! You should be proud of him too!!!!!!!!
Sharon
xx

Jen Crossley said...

LOVE the fabric piece Judy,It is just beautiful
I havent done much work with Fabric you inspire me to have a go
Jen

Debbi B said...

Judy - your Eta piece is just beautiful. I love the soft look you have achieved. Thanks too for dropping by my blog and commenting - it is so nice to know others are reading it! Debbi B

kathywas said...

Your fabric piece is breath-taking. You should really do some more of these. I have recently taken a fond interest in fabric and will be posting some new pieces, much the same as this one, to my blog. I love creating them...I just don't know what to do with them once they're done!

The more I read your blog, the more that I see how much we have in common. Too bad we live so many miles apart!