23 February 2007




I just got permission from a client to post this since no-one will recognise her. It's a simple but I think elegant lo befitting the photo of that era. How beautiful does the mother look and how in love does she look with her kids. Sharon has done an amazing lo of this clients kids but we cannot show it yet as it's related to photo's of the people now so as soon as we can show it we will. Ahhhh the suspense, can't wait for her to post it - it's really a stunner - not long I hope.



I just recieved this stunning piece of art just yesterday and have put it up in my studio. It's by Laurie Mika. When I saw it on her site I just had to have it. I particularly love the hand image. I always put two hands (chamsah's) in my albums in order to steer evil eyes away from the recipient. The photo does not quite do the piece the justice it deserves. But photo's of dimensional works never do - as we can all atest to! So thanks Lauri, it sits right in the middle of two of Michael's pieces - just have not had the time to photograph it on the wall yet, promise I will.



So here's the pretty side of my studio with my treasured paper flowers - no not prima's and my chandelier pieces. Yes having all my beautiful things on display certainly gives me inspiration for my work - well that's my excuse and I am sticking to it!

Here's a closeup.



These are the little bits off the chandelier pieces great for magnifying things.



Well I have just finished putting up the very french section which has those tiles I put up the other day. But just need something to finish it off then I will photograph it.







Till you know who arrives!
Hope you all have a creative weekend.
Perth, here we come!!!

11 comments:

Sharon Manning said...

LMFAO Love it!

Love Shazza xoxoxo

Lissy said...

Room looks great :)

Love the layout - a fabulous photo :)

Have a great weekend :)

Karen Cole said...

You are obviously a seasoned blogger.

I love Laurie Mikas work. She is how I first ran into Michaels work and eventually to Cortona. I love doing mosaics and I google mosaic artists often. I'd love to do a workshop with her. Unfortunately, she never gets to the east coast. She's doing one at the Hacienda Mosaico in Puerta Vallarta Mexico which would have been great. But, hey....you can't do everything.

I am picturing my retirement....(not for awhile of course).....just traveling the world taking workshop after workshop with fabulous creative people, like yourself. I like working in my studio, but sharing creative ideas and working with others is sooo very inspirational.

Perhaps you can convince Michael to coordinate something with Laurie.

IN the meantime, enjoy yourselves!!!! -Ciao

Judy said...

HEY KAREN
LOVE THE RETIREMENT PICTURE YOU PAINTED - FUNNY THAT I AM THINKING ON EXACTLY THE SAME LINES. I WILL PASS THE HINT ON TO MICHAEL - MAYBE WE SHOULD TELL STACEY COS I KNOW SHE IS PROBABLY DOING CORTONA ALL OVER AGAIN NEXT YEAR - WE ALL HAVE TO GO AGAIN - OK - ONLY LETS STAY AT THE TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN {WE'LL BE OLDER AND SURELY LESS FIT}
SPEAK SOON
CIAO

Rach H said...

lots of yummy things to look at here....... I think for sure i could hangout your studio for a day or 2.
Gorgeous LO btw.
and so green jelly over your super cool draws + even more green jelly about going to Perth.......LOVE it there + coffe with Lissy even better!! :)

Chris Millar said...

You've done such a stunning job with this amazing photo Judy! You and Sharon have a wonderful job!!
Love your room too!

Ev said...

Looking forward to meeting you in Freo...just a couple more days to go!! I am in Michaels Nico's class.

Judy said...

HI EV,
WELL MAKE SURE YOU SAY HI. MICHAEL SENDS REGARDS AND IS LOOKING FORWARD TO MEETING YOU IN HIS CLASS!
GETTING EXCITED NOW TOO.
CIAO

Izabella said...

your studio reminds me a little of the store "Anthropologie" do you have that there?!

I love Laurie's work! she is an amazing artist~

~Bella

Judy said...

HEY BELLA
BEEN TRYING TO LEAVE A COMMENT ON YOUR SITE BUT IT WOLDN'T LET ME.
RE: ANTHROPOLOGIE - WE DONT HAVE IT HERE - SO SAD, I WENT TO ONE IN LA. I ACTUALLY BOUGHT SOMETHING FROM THERE THAT IS ON THE OTHER WALL WHERE MICHAEL AND LAURIS ART SITS. FUNNY THAT. KEEP WELL

kathywas said...

I absolutely adore Laurie Mikas work. I would love to get one of her pieces some day, as well as take one of her classes. The piece that you selected is absolutely beautiful.

I noticed that Laurie has a new book out. It's a must-have that I've just ordered!